Corporate Finance & Capital Markets
We have extensive experience on various equity capital markets exercises and provide legal advisory services to our Malaysian clients, including having advised on:
- Initial Public Offerings (“IPO”) of companies on the Main Market and the ACE Market of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad;
- Companies with operation in Malaysia on their successful IPO listing abroad including on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange (“HKEX“), the AIM Market of the London Stock Exchange and the Australian Stock Exchange;
- Numerous companies listed on Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad on their transfer of listing status to the Main Market of Bursa Securities,
- Selective Capital Reduction and Repayment exercise of public listed companies;
- Rights Issue exercises,
- Warrants Issue exercises,
- Bonus Issue exercises,
- Private Placement exercises,
- Private Debt Securities exercises such as Irredeemable Convertible Unsecured Loan Stock (“ICULS“) and Redeemable Convertible Unsecured Loan Stock (“RCULS“),
- Issuance of Redeemable Preference Shares (“RPS“) and Redeemable Preference Convertible Shares (“RCPS“)
- Employees’ Shares Option Schemes (“ESOS“) and Employees’ Share Issuance Scheme,
- Share Buy-Backs; and
- Recurrent Related Party Transactions’ Shareholders Mandates.
Our law firm also plays an important role in the legal due diligence process of applications to Securities Commission and Bursa Securities and equity offerings and involving in the drafting of prospectus, information memorandum, circular to shareholders and offering circular. We are also regularly engaged by foreign clients to provide legal advice in respect of legal issues pertaining to capital markets and corporate finance in Malaysia in particular the Capital Markets and Services Act 2007 (“CMSA“) and Securities Industry (Central Depositories) Act 1991 (“SICDA“).