Ching Yong is a graduate of University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur and was called to the Malaysian Bar in 2012. He joined us in 2013 and was made a partner in 2017.
Prior to joining us, he was a lawyer in a leading law firm in Malaysia specialising in corporate litigation and thereafter joined us, bringing along his wealth of knowledge in corporate restructuring, liquidation and receivership, scheme of arrangement, capital reduction, winding-up and corporate litigation.
Ching Yong holds an LL.B. (Hons) from the University of Malaya.
He has acted in the following selected matters :-
- Advised on the listing of a Malaysian telemarketing company on the Main Board of Hong Kong Stock Exchange (HKEX) with expected market capitalisation of HKD 560 million.
- Advised on the listing of a Malaysian company predominantly involved in manufacturing of agrochemical and fertilizer business on the Main Board HKEX with market capitalisation exceeding RM1 billion.
- Advised a company listed on Main Board of HKEX on its investment of RM 280 million in a Malaysian company listed on Main Market of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad and principally involved in property development business including the application for exemption from mandatory general offer to the Securities Commission of Malaysia.
- Advised on the investment structure by a private equity fund of approximately RM 100 million including its application to Bank Negara Malaysia for approval under the foreign exchange rules.
- Advised on the funding by a Singapore-based private equity firm of RM35.2 million to a special purpose vehicle (SPV) for the purpose of take-over of a public listed company (PLC) on the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad principally involved in property development business.
- Advised on reverse take over (RTO) of a company listed on the ACE Market of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad by a company involved in telematics solutions.
- Advised on the regularisation plan of a company principally involved in poultry business pursuant to Practice Note 17 of Main Market Listing Requirements of Bursa Securities.
- Advised on the proposed investment by China based private equity fund in a company principally involved in online shopping platform in Malaysia for approximately USD 15 million.
- Advised on special legal audit on the portfolio companies of a private equity fund based in Middle East and South East Asian.